Student Services Center 180
Fall and Spring:
8:00 AM-5:00 PM Mon-Fri
7:00 AM-5:30 PM Mon-Thurs
Welcome to CADEC
The Campus Alcohol & Drug Education Center (CADEC) is committed to providing educational programs and services to the students, staff, and faculty of Chico State. CADEC was established in 1988 with the purpose of preventing substance misuse and to promote awareness and outreach within the community.
The Campus Alcohol & Drug Education Center is committed to providing evidence-based educational programs and services that raise campus awareness about alcohol and drug misuse. CADEC strives to engage, enable, and empower students to make responsible and healthy choices, especially in areas where substance misuse is a concern.
Goals and Objectives
Our goal is to create a campus-wide, pro-active approach to alcohol prevention, which will result in a healthier and safer campus for our students.
- To counteract the belief that consuming alcohol is an essential part of the college student tradition
- To create an environment where alcohol is not the center of student life
- To encourage a spirit of mutual cooperation and concern between students and the community on responsible use of alcohol
- To educate students about the potential hazards and dangers of excessive alcohol use
- To help students achieve their full academic, personal and career potential via healthy lifestyle choices
- To reduce the incidence of alcohol related absenteeism, vandalism, acquaintance/ date rape, violence and death among our student population
- To reduce the amount of binge drinking on our campus
- To train students on the importance of being a positive empowered bystander
Being safe this Labor Day!
Will you be floating this weekend? Here are some safety tips!
Wildcats to the RescueChico State’s ROAR trainings teach students to recognize signs of alcohol overdose
When a Committee Isn't Enough
A successful alcohol risk reduction campaign, student health officials say, involves coordination across the university and the city -- and no dawdling. Getting it right can reduce incidents by the hundreds.
Collegiate Recovery Centers offer great resources for students in recovery
Labor Day 2014
Labor Day weekend tamer than usual in Chico
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
Course aims to reduce impact of stress-related issues
Losing our buzz
Does Chico (State) still deserve its hard-partying reputation?
Fall 2016 AlcoholEdu Deadline
Don't forget! All incoming Freshmen and Transfer students MUST complete the online AlcoholEDU