Academic Service Learning
- What is Academic Service Learning?
- Types and Models of Service-Learning Activities
- Principles of Good Practice for Service-Learning
- Essential Characteristics of Service Learning Courses
- Objectives and Outcomes of Service Learning
- Risk Management
Professional Development Resources and Opportunities
Upcoming EventsCivic Learning Institute
May 29, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Colusa Hall, Room 100A
- Join us to learn about civic engagement projects at Chico State and to discover how you can incorporate these types of projects into your GE class.
- Participants will be paid $150. Space is limited so reserve your spot soon!
June 3 & 4, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Colusa Hall, Room 115
- This two-day intensive FLC will assist GE instructors with incorporating civic engagement into their fall 2013 course. The FLC will continue into the fall semester with follow-up support for the civic engagement project.
- Participants will be paid $1,200 total. One portion of the wages will be delivered upon completion of the 2-day FLC. The second portion will be delivered in December of 2013 upon implementation of civic engagement into the instructor’s GE course. Space is limited so reserve your spot soon!
Civic Engagement Library
View a collection of books, articles, syllabi, videos, and other material pertaining to service learning and related topics.
Civic Engagement News
- The News offers periodic announcements of on- and off-campus service and civic learning activities and opportunities, conferences, trainings, funding calls, publication opportunities, and research findings.
- FLC 2011-2012 (docx)
Service Learning Advisory Committee
The Communities We Serve
CSU, Chico Receives Grant from Keck Foundation
In December 2010, Chico State was awarded a $250,000 grant by the W.M. Keck Foundation in Los Angeles.