Human Resources Service Center

Workplace Injuries/Illness Information and Instructions

First Steps After a Workplace Injury/Illness Occurs

  • If the injury requires emergency assistance call 9-1-1
  • If serious illness/injury* the injured worker should be transported to the nearest medical facility (Enloe Medical Center)
  • If minor injury/illness, the injured worker should seek medical care at the appropriate Designated Medical Facility
  • Immediately report the injury/illness to the Employee Leaves/Workers’ Compensation Unit 530-898-4670 or
  • Immediately complete the Work-Related Injury and Illness Incident Report (OSHA 301); (PDF) the employee must be given a copy of Page 3 (completed) “Medical Treatment Information for Work Related Injury/Illness to present to the Designated Medical Facilities as authorization for treatment. 
  • Submit the completed OSHA 301 to Employee Leaves/Workers’ Compensation Unit via fax 530-898-4364; via MOVEit (PDF), or hand deliver to Kendall 213

*Serious injuries/illnesses include (but are not limited to): serious lacerations; lumbar (back) strains; knee strains or dislocations; possible bone fractures; loss of consciousness or ambulation; life threatening injuries; and exposure to hazardous substances.

Transportation of Ill or Injured Employee

  • Supervisors and other employees may not transport ill/injured employees.
  • Emergency: call 911 for immediate assistance

If you experience any difficulties in arranging transportation please contact Workers' Compensation 530-898-4670 or Risk Management(opens in new window)530-898-6588.

Designated Medical Facilities

Serious Injury/Illness

Enloe Medical Center Emergency Service

1531 Esplanade, Chico, CA 95926(opens in new window)
Phone: 530-332-7300
Business Hours: 24 hours per day / 7 days per week

Minor Injury/Illness

Work Health Solutions

565 Rio Lindo Avenue, Suite 201, Chico, CA 95926
Phone: (530) 715-8004
Business Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am – 5pm

Any injury/illness occurring after COMP business hours should be directed to Enloe Medical Center Emergency Services

Employee has Pre-Designated a Personal Physician, Chiropractor or Acupuncturist

If an employee has pre-designated his or her own personal medical doctor (M.D.), doctor of osteopathic medicine (D.O.), medical group, chiropractor or acupuncturist to act as their primary treating physician for a work-related injury or illness, he or she may obtain medical treatment from his or her own provider.

An employee must have a current Work Related Injury and Illness - Predestination of Personal Physician, Chiropractor or Acupuncturist (for Work-Related Injury or Illness) form naming that provider on file with the Employee Leaves and Workers' Compensation Unit prior to a work-related injury or illness.

Need Help?