Campus moves to virtual instruction for the rest of the semester and will close nonessential services. Details...
Human Resources Service Center

W-2 Information

Expand All | Collapse All

  • How to access your W-2 online via Cal Employee Connect (CEC)

    The SCO is piloting a tool that will allow active state employees to view their pay stubs and W-2's along with personal information online - called Cal Employee Connect (CEC). Chico State employees have an opportunity to be part of the CEC pilot program. (View  CEC flyer (PDF).) Your feedback will help drive enhancements to Cal Employee Connect.

    How to join:

    1. Have a recent paper pay stub in hand
      1. It has information you will need that is not available from Payroll or the Chico State Portal
      2. You must be a state-side employee
    2. Go to Cal Employee Connect(opens in new window)
    3. Select Register
    4. Follow the prompts to register using your campus or personal email account
    5. Once registered, you will be able to login to
      1. View and print your earnings statements/paychecks: current tax year and 2 tax years prior
      2. View and print W-2 information: 3 years are available
      3. Access to CEC will continue once you are no longer an active, state employee

    Cal Employee Connect login section.

    Cal Employee Connect icon sections for access, download and access information.


    The SCO plans on implementing more functionality based on your input. If you wish to provide feedback about what you like or think can be improved, please write to You will find links to this feedback address under the Help & Feedback tab within CEC portal.

  • When are W-2 statements issued and mailed?

    W-2s are printed by the State Controller's Office and issued no later January 31 st. Your 2019 W-2 will be mailed to the most current home address on file with the CSU, Chico Human Resources Service Center (in CMS-HR) as of December 13, 2019.

    The State Controller's Office will have printed/mailed employee's 2019 Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statement in late January. This includes wages paid in 2019 (December 2018 - November 2019 pay periods). W-2's are mailed to your home address on file with the campus Human Resources Services Center (as noted on the Personal Information Summary(opens in new window) page in HR Self Service). The bottom of the pay stubs and direct deposit advices for the October and November pay periods will include this information. If a form is undeliverable by the U.S. Postal Service it should be returned to the Human Resources Services Center (HRSC). If you do not receive your Form W-2, please contact HRSC at 530-898-6771.

    If you have any questions please contact the HRSC at 530-898-6771.

  • How do I check the address the W-2 will be mailed to?

    The State Controller’s Office may include the address information at the bottom of the pay stubs and direct deposit advices for the October and November pay periods. Please take a moment to visit the State Employee tab through the CSU, Chico Portal)(opens in new window) Connection. Click View My Personal Information Summary(opens in new window). At this site, you can view your Personal Information on the HR Employee Information tab and confirm your ‘Home’ address. This is the address where your W-2 will be sent. If a correction or update is needed, please visit the Human Resources Services Counter by Dec. 13  th to assure your W-2 form will be sent to the proper address. More information about Employee Address Changes is available online.

    In addition, HR would suggest that you take a few minutes and review all of your personal information. If you wish to do so, you may change your Emergency Contact information on line. All other changes must be done at the Human Resources Services Counter. Should you have any questions, please call Human Resources Services at 530-898-6771.

    If you are no longer employed with the university and wish for a returned W-2 to be mailed out to a new address, please follow the instructions below.

    Send an e-mail to and provide the information below:

    1. Name
    2. New Address
    3. New Phone Number
    4. Chico State ID (if known)
    5. Employee type (Student, Staff or Faculty)
    6. Last four digits of your SSN
  • I've lost, didn't receive, or need a duplicate copy of my W-2. What do I do?

    Check with the Human Resources Service Center (x6771, KNDL 220) to see if your W-2 was returned to the Payroll office. If not, then you can enroll in Cal Employee Connect to print a copy from online.

    If Cal Employee Connect is not accessible, a duplicate W-2 can be requested for a fee. To receive a duplicate W-2, complete the State Controller's Office Standard Form 436 (PDF) and mail directly to the State Controller's Office with Payment ($8.50 via money order or cashiers check). The request must include your name, Social Security Number, the tax year(s) being requested, your mailing address, a daytime telephone number, and your authorizing signature.

    2019 W-2 duplicate requests will not be accepted until after February 10, 2020, to allow time for W-2 delivery. Remember, Cal Employee Connect is a faster, free, and more secure way to obtain duplicate W-2's.

  • How do I get information about my IRS 1095-B, 1095-C?

    Additional information regarding IRS Forms 1095-B and 1095-C can be found on Annual Health Coverage Statements Required Under the Affordable Care insurance enrollment Act (ACA) website.