Items We May Request From You
We request documents as required by Federal Student Aid accountability processes. Please follow these guidelines in submitting requested information:
- IMPORTANT: Before submitting all documents, print your name and Chico I.D. on top of each requested item.
- All documents received will be scanned and linked to the student's file.
- Paper documents are retained for one year and then shredded.
- Please submit only copies and keep originals for your records. Only exception: U.S. naturalization papers*.
- Do not send documents by e-mail, as e-mail is not a secure means of communication.
- Items submitted by fax should automatically update your Student Center "To Do List" from "requested" to "received" within 72 hours. If you have any questions after 72 hours, please call us. Please do not resend additional copies unless specifically asked to do so.
- Items submitted by mail or delivered to our office should update your Student Center “To Do List” from “requested” to “received” within four weeks. If you have any questions after four weeks, please contact our office.
- You must submit all requested items on your “To Do List” by June 1 in order to have your file complete before the first fall disbursement. A full explanation for all requests is available by clicking on "more" and then opening the link to each requested item.
- Check your Student Center on a weekly basis after your forms show as received. If we need any additional information, it will show up on your “To Do List.” Once the requested items have been reviewed and completed, they will be removed from your “To Do List”. It takes approximately twelve weeks to complete your verification after all documents have been received.
- Alien registration card
- Drivers license
- Proof of U.S. citizenship
- Selective Service registration confirmation
- Social Security card
- Verification of income for tax filers
- Verification Forms
- Veteran status documentation DD-214
Submit a legible copy of your alien registration card, including both front and back. For information on obtaining this document, please visit U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Students who submit an alien registration card must also submit a copy of the DHS Document Verification Request (G-845), available under Forms. The Financial Aid and Scholarship Office will submit this form for processing to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
Submit a legible copy of your valid drivers license. For information on obtaining a California driver license, please visit the California Department of Motor Vehicles.
Provide proof of your U.S. citizenship by submitting a legible photocopy of one of the following:
- U.S. birth certificate from your county Recorder's Office
- U.S. passport or U.S. passport card, including signature
Be sure to print your full name and Chico State ID on all submitted documents.
*Naturalized citizens should bring original Certificate of Naturalization (not a photocopy) to the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office so that we may photocopy it.
Submit a copy of your Selective Service registration card. Visit the Selective Service System and select "Check a Registration" to print a copy of your registration record. Be sure to print your full name and Chico State ID at the top of the printout.
Submit a legible copy of your Social Security card. Be sure your card is signed before you make a copy. To obtain a replacement of your Social Security card, visit the Social Security Administration.
|Academic Year||Tax Information Needed|
|2014-2015||IRS Data Retrieval through the FAFSA
2013 Federal Tax Return Transcript
Use the IRS Data Retrieval Process to submit correct tax information. You and/or your parent(s) will not be required to submit a tax transcript once our office receives the unaltered retrieved IRS information. View IRS Data Retrieval Option for 2014-2015 for more information.
If you or your parent(s) are unable to use the IRS Data Retrieval Process, a tax return transcript must be submitted to our office. There is no fee for transcripts.
Request a tax return transcript in one of the following ways:
*available 2 weeks after filing returns electronically or 8 weeks after filing returns by mail
|Online (Get Transcript)||www.irs.gov/transcript||PDF Document||Get Transcript Online||Same Day*|
|Online (Get Transcript)||www.irs.gov/transcript||Paper||Get Transcript Online||5-10 Days*|
|IRS2Go Mobile App||www.irs.gov||Paper||Mailed||5-10 Days*|
|Telephone||(800) 908-9946||Paper||Mailed||5-10 Days*|
|IRS Form 4506T-EZ||www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506tez.pdf||Paper||Mailed||5-10 Days*|
Do not request delivery directly to our office. Please submit a copy of the tax return transcript with the student's name and Chico State ID printed on each page. Copies of federal tax returns are not acceptable.Back to Top
For a list of verification forms click here.
You must submit any verification forms listed on your "To Do List". Carefully read instructions for the information requested on the verification form. Do not leave any blanks. If your answer is zero, you must enter "0". Make sure to submit forms with all required signatures and documentation attached. Print student name and Chico State ID# on the top of each page.
Submit a copy of your DD-214, report of separation. To obtain this report, visit veterans information at the National Archives & Records Administration.