Summer Financial Aid Information
2013 Summer Enrollment
|April 2:||Registration opens and Summer Financial Aid Application
||All Summer Session fees must be paid or a financial aid
application must be in place by noon on the Wednesday
following enrollment to avoid enrollment cancellation
||Summer Aid Application Priority Deadline to defer fees: Students applying for summer aid after April 26 will need to
pay fees to secure enrollment in summer courses.
||RCE Summer Final Fee Payment Deadline: Summer financial aid applicants who are enrolled through RCE and submitted an application by April 26 must pay any remaining fees owed by May 15. This deadline applies to most applicants.|
||State Support Summer Final Fee Payment Deadline: Summer Graduate financial aid applicants who are enrolled through Records and Registration and who submitted an application by April 26 must pay any remaining fees owed by May 23.
|June 3:||Summer Session begins|
||Summer Session ends|
Most Summer Session 2013 courses are offered through Regional & Continuing Education. For a complete schedule and registration information, visit http://rce.csuchico.edu/summer/. Also see the Class Schedule for information on State Summer Term (restricted offerings).
If you are adding or dropping summer courses:
- Through May 15: You must submit a revised online Summer Aid Application
- Beginning May 16: You must complete the Summer Change in Enrollment form along with RCE's Summer Session 2013 Add/Drop form. You will need to schedule an appointment with a financial aid advisor.
2013 Summer Financial Aid
Requirements prior to submission of summer aid application:
- Enroll in your summer courses prior to submitting your Summer Aid Application. Submit your application as soon as possible after enrollment.
- Your Summer Aid Application must be submitted by noon on the Wednesday following your enrollment in Summer Session to ensure a fee deferral is in place and your enrollment is not cancelled for non-payment of fees.
- Financial aid students must pay the difference between their registration fees and anticipated aid by the fee payment deadline (see important dates above). Students who did not submit their Summer Aid Application by the priority deadline of April 26 must pay full fees by the fee payment deadline to hold classes. There will be no fee deferment after the fee payment deadline.
- Have a 2012-2013 FAFSA on file with all verifications, corrections and updates received from the FAFSA processor by May 23, 2013.
To be eligible for summer financial aid, you must:
- Be a continuing matriculated* CSU, Chico student or regularly admitted into a degree-granting or credential program for Fall 2013.
- You must be enrolled in a minimum of 3 units for summer.
- Have a 2012-2013 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file with the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office, with all verifications, corrections and updates received from the FAFSA processor by May 23, 2013. You may complete a 2012-2013 FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. CSU, Chico’s federal school code is 001146.
- Complete a Summer 2013 Financial Aid Application, available from the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office Web site. Applications will be available April 2, 2013.
- Register for classes beginning April 2, 2013, and submit your application to the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office immediately to avoid being dropped from your classes pending the processing of your application.
- You must accept, reduce, or decline summer aid through you student center account.
- You must have made satisfactory academic progress and be within the federal aid maximum units requirements (180 attempted units undergraduates, 60 units for postbaccalaureate students).
- Failure to attend classes after receiving aid will require repayment.
- Class enrollment changes, including school cancellation of a class, will result in adjustment of aid and repayment by you, if applicable. If you wish to add or drop a class prior to the fee payment deadline, you will need to submit a revised summer aid application. After the fee payment deadline, you will need to complete a Summer Session 2013 Add/Drop Form and the Summer Change of Enrollment Form - available May 16.
- If you received a fee waiver or an outside agency paid your fees during the 2012/13 academic year, we will assume continued receipt of benefits for summer.
- If you are considering a CSU Visitor agreement for summer, make an appointment with a financial aid advisor.
* A matriculated student is a student who has, through normal procedures, been formally admitted to and enrolled at CSU, Chico to pursue an authorized degree, credential, or certificate.
Types of Summer Aid:
- RCE University Grant: These funds are very limited. Grants of $500 (3-5 units) or $1,000 (6+ units) are available to students with an EFC of 0-4000. Students must be enrolled in a minimum of 3 units. RCE University Grants are not available to graduate students. You are not eligible for RCE University Grant if a fee waiver or if a third party is paying fees.
- Pell Grant: You may be eligible for Summer Pell Grant if you have not already received the maximum amount for the 2012/2013 academic year.
- State University Grant (SUG): These funds are very limited and are only available to graduate state support students who are required to take summer term courses. Grants will be equal to tuition and are available to students with an EFC of 0-4000. Graduate students must be enrolled in a minimum of 4 units. You are not eligible for SUG if a fee waiver or a third party is paying fees.
- Federal Direct Stafford Loans: Must have eligibility remaining from the 12-13 academic year and be within aggregate maximum limits. Undergraduate and credential students must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units. Master's students must be enrolled in a minimum of 4 units.
- PLUS loans: Available on a separate application. Undergraduate and credential students must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units. Master's students must be enrolled in a minimum of 4 units.
- Alternative Private Loans: Contact a lender for application information and requirements. See http://www.csuchico.edu/fa/typesOfAid/loans/types/allOptions.shtml.