What's Great About Chico State?
“Chico State employees are so caring about the success of students. The cooperation and coordination of campus organizations with Associate Students is a wonderful learning experience for all. Beautiful Camus, Wonderful Friendly People – a Campus to Be Proud of!”
Vice President for Staff Human Resources
Absence Management Self Service (AMSS)
The Latest AMSS News
As of July 30, 2012, all staff, managers, and 12-month faculty (State employee only) began reporting absences using the new Absence Management Self Service (AMSS) system.
Learn How to Use AMSS
Remember: We're here for you if you need help!
Absence Management Self Service is a CSU system wide project that replaces the existing paper process for reporting absences with an electronic process via CMS PeopleSoft. All CSU campuses will be implementing AMSS functionality within PeopleSoft before the end of 2012. CSU, Chico went live with AMSS July 2012.
- Employees will have the ability to enter absences through HR Self Service on the Portal.
- Departments will have more current and easier accessible absence information for their employees through PeopleSoft.
- Managers and Leads will be able to review and approve absences electronically.
Beneficial elements to this project:
- Significant reduction in paper use.
- Promotes use of HR Self Service so employees are aware of the information available to them.
- Establishes the mechanism for future work flow processes through use of “Reports to” functionality and work emails within PeopleSoft.
As part of this project, additional functionality that was part of the core Absence Management module is now fully utilized. This includes:
- Managing schedules for all employees not working the standard Monday through Friday, 8-hour day schedule and the standard Monday through Thursday, 10-hour day summer schedule.
- Splitting and maintaining absence balances for each absence eligible position.
- AMSS: The Overview (approx. 4 min.)
- For Employee (16:45 min.)
- For Managers/Leads (7:53 min.)
- For Timekeepers (7:15 min.)
- Leaves/Absence Reporting (PDF)
- Notice of Work Schedule (PDF)
- Proxy Guidelines & Process (PDF)
- Schedule Guidelines (PDF)
- Schedule Matrix
- HR 2010-17 - http://www.calstate.edu/HRAdm/pdf2010/HR2010-17.pdf
- HR/Leave 2011-01 - http://www.calstate.edu/HRAdm/pdf2011/TL-LVS2011-01.pdf
- Who Is My Payroll Technician?
- Contact Payroll
- Contact Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- If you need help, please contact Yvonne Bealer, HRIS Analyst & Training Coordinator, (530) 898-5477. Questions can be forwarded to the Human Resources Services Center – HRIS unit by emailing Yvonne Bealer (HRIS Analyst & Training Coordinator, x5477) or Rebecca Cagle (Manager, Payroll and HRIS, x5435).