Financial Aid & Scholarship Office

Other Sources of Aid


Americorps(opens in new window) is the national service program that allows people of all ages and backgrounds to earn help paying for education in exchange for a year of service.

Cal Vet Educational Assistance

California offers a college fee waiver program to children and dependents of service-connected disabled or service-related deceased veterans. The California Department of Veterans Affairs (CDVA) administers the program. There are three plans for eligibility — child, spouse, dependent. For details, please visit the California Dept. of Veterans Affairs Office(opens in new window)

Higher Education Tax Benefits

The federal government provides a number of tax incentives that can help lower the cost of higher education. These incentives include:

  • Tax credits directly reduce the amount of tax you pay.
  • Tax deductions reduce the amount of your income that is taxed.

Military Tuition Assistance (TA) Program

All four service branches and the U.S. Coast Guard offer financial assistance for voluntary, off-duty education programs in support of service members’ personal and professional goals. The program is open to officers, warrant officers and enlisted active-duty service personnel. In addition, members of the National Guard and Reserve Components may be eligible for TA based on their service eligibility. For more detailed information about the Military Tuition Assistance Program, and how to apply, visit the Chico State Veteran Education Transition Services website.

State Aid for the Disabled

The State Department of Rehabilitation provides financial help for eligible disabled students. Assistance may include cost of fees, books, and transportation. For more information, visit the State Department of Rehabilitation(opens in new window).

Veterans Benefits

There are a number of educational benefits programs available to veterans. For more information, visit GI Bill or contact the Chico State Veteran Education Transition Services at 530-898-5911.