Financial Aid & Scholarship Office

Consortium Agreements

Students enrolled in fewer than 12 units at Chico State who are receiving Pell grant may receive additional Pell grant for courses taken at another eligible California school if the course(s) satisfy their degree requirements at Chico State (home campus). In order to be funded for courses taken at an eligible school, Chico State students must submit a consortium agreement form to our office no later than the third week of the semester. No other aid besides the Pell Grant, will be adjusted based on consortium units taken at another institution.

Consortium Agreement Process

  • A student must complete a Consortium Agreement Request (see Forms & Applications) to notify the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office of the college and transferable course(s) you have enrolled in.
  • A student must maintain enrollment in at least six units of eligible coursework at Chico State, for the semester in which they are requesting Consortium Agreement funding. Consortium Agreements are not processed during Summer Session. Enrollment must be verifiable by University Census.
  • A student is only eligible to receive financial aid from their home campus. A student cannot receive financial aid from both schools.
  • A student must provide the Chico State Financial Aid and Scholarship Office with proof of enrollment in courses being funded at another school. These courses must be transferable and must meet Chico State degree requirements.  A registration printout will suffice.
  • Check the Assist online student-transfer information system to find out if a course is transferable.
  • Check with your Undergraduate Advisor or your Academic Program Advisor to find out if a course meets a requirement for your degree.
  • Consortium Agreements will be processed in order of receipt beginning the second week of the semester. Notification of approval or denial will be sent to the student.
  • Upon approval of the consortium agreement request:
    • The Chico State Financial Aid and Scholarship Office will send a consortium agreement to the other school to notify their Financial Aid Office that Chico State is the home campus and will use these units to determine financial aid eligibility for the term.
    • The Chico State Financial Aid and Scholarship Office will place a Proof of Units completed "hold" on the student account for the beginning of the next term.
  • At the end of the term, after the grade has been posted, the student must provide proof of completion of coursework:
    • An official transcript must be submitted immediately to the Chico State Student Records and Registration Office for the units to become part of the student's permanent academic record.
    • An unofficial transcript or grade report must be submitted immediately to the Chico State Financial Aid and Scholarship Office. The Proof of Units completed "hold" may then be moved forward a term, if necessary, to allow time for Chico State Student Records to post the transfer units to the Chico State transcript.
    • The student must notify the Chico State Financial Aid and Scholarship Office when the transferable units have been posted to the student's Chico State transcript. This is viewable on the Student Center accessed through the Chico State portal.

If the consortium units are not completed at the other school, aid may be reduced or the student may be held for not meeting Chico's State's Satisfactory Academic Progress requirement.

Chico State currently has a consortium agreement with the following eligible California colleges:

Bakersfield College
Chabot College
Coastline Community College
College of Alameda
College of the Desert
College of the Redwoods
College of the Siskiyous
Columbia College
Copper Mountain College
Cuesta College
Feather River Community College
Folsom Lake College
Foothill College
Fresno City College
Hartnell College
Lake Tahoe Community College
Las Positas College
Lassen Community College
Los Angeles City College
Los Angeles Pierce College
Mendocino Community College
Mira Costa College
Modesto Junior College
Monterey Peninsula College
Orange Coast College
Porterville College
Rio Hondo College
Saddleback College
University of San Diego
San Joaquin Delta College
Santa Barbara City College
Shasta Community College
Sierra College
Skyline Community College
Solano Community College
Southwestern College
Taft College
West Los Angeles College
West Valley College
Yuba Community College