Study Abroad & Exchange

Information for Accepted Exchange Students

Exchange students must apply to California State University, Chico through their home campus. Once we receive your nomination and application from your home campus, you will receive support and regular updates from Team Study Abroad & Exchange and International Student & Scholar Services (PNG)

Note: J-1 Exchange Student Visa holders may attend Chico State as bilateral exchange program participants for one semester or for one academic year, and are not considered degree-seeking students.  J-1 Exchange Students receive tuition fee waivers for the semester or year of exchange.  For more details on estimated costs, see the California State University, Chico Exchange Fact Sheet(opens in new window).


While preparing to come to Chico, students often have many questions. We are very happy to assist you! 

In addition to one-on-one advising from your International Exchange Advisor, the following information can be found by visiting the International Student & Scholar Services website: