Study Abroad & Exchange

Planned Educational Leave

If you are choosing to go abroad for a semester or year on outside (non-affiliated) program you MUST take a Planned Educational Leave (PEL) from the university before you go. If you do not, the university will revoke your admission and you will have to re-apply to CSU, Chico upon your return.

The PEL Forms are available at the Records and Registration Office in Student Services Center, room 110. Download the PEL form below:

Be sure you have met with a Study Abroad Adviser and submitted all the necessary paperwork prior to doing this.